The Local Rules of Penrith Golf Club
LOCAL RULES (REVISED 1 APRIL 2016)
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
a) Beyond any wall, fence, gate, hedge bounding the course and all white lines and stakes.
b) On or over the Salkeld Road.
c) The raised gravelled area at the entrance to the course.
d) On or over the Clubhouse and all car parks.
e) The Driving Range and practice ground.
2. STONES IN BUNKERS are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies).
3. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Relief under Rule 24-2).
All artificially surfaced paths, roads, seats, ball washers and marker posts. Also the logs and stumps bordering the path to the 14th green and the wooden supports to the 7th tee.
4. INTEGRAL PARTS OF THE COURSE
All grass covered paths or tracks. Note: the ball must be played as it lie or declared unplayable.
5. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
The pond between the 13th and 14th holes and the ditch between the 14th tee and the 14th green, defined by yellow stakes, are water hazards. The ditch running across the 15th fairway, defined by red lines and stakes, is a lateral water hazard.
6. OVERHEAD CABLES (Rule 20-5)
Any ball that strikes an overhead cable must be replayed without penalty.
7. PRACTICE is permitted on the day of a stroke play competition, or between rounds, on the practice area behind the Clubhouse, on the practice putting greens or within the designated area between the 1st and 4th tees. During play the practice putting greens are wrong greens and Rule 25-3 applies.
8. TYRE RUTS.
Deep ruts, not shallow indentations, made by greenkeeping vehicles and equipment are designated as ground under repair. Relief may be obtained under Rule 25-1.
9. TREES AND PLANTATIONS.
If a staked tree interferes with a player's stance or the area of intended swing, the ball must be lifted and dropped in accordance with Rule 24-2b(i).
10. DAFFODILS (in bud or bloom)
All daffodils in bud or bloom are ground under repair from which play is prohibited. If a player’s ball lies among daffodils, or if they interfere with the player’s stance or the area of his intended swing, the player MUST take relief under Rule 25-1.
11. FIXED SPRINKLER HEADS.
All fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition if such an obstruction on or within two clubs lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief without penalty as follows: If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within two club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which a) is not nearer the hole, b) avoids such intervention and c) is not in a hazard or on a putting green.
12. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES. (Rule 14-3, Revised 2016 applies)
Devices which measure distance only are approved for all play.
13. GENERAL PENALTY FOR BREACH OF THE ABOVE LOCAL RULES.
Match Play – Loss of hole; Stroke Play – Two strokes.