Penrith Golf Club is committed to the maintenance and preservation of the golf course for future generations in a sustainable and environmentally-friendly manner.
The General Committee endorses the adoption of envionmentally-friendly practices throughout the course and clubhouse. It realises the importance of such practices not only locally, but nationally and globally.These practices include waste minimisation and recycling, energy efficency, minimal use of chemicals, water resource management, nature and landscape conservation.
In order to promote good environmental practices, our policy with regard to the environment is as follows:
- To identify the significant environmental impacts of our activities and to develop suitable objectives, targets and management programmes, applying appropriate operational procedures to minimise our environmental impact.
- To comply with relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our environmental impact and to improve employees' understanding and commitment to environment practices through structured communications and training in a safe working environment.
- To prevent pollution, minimise our inputs of utilities and resources and the outputs of emissions to the atmosphere, effluents to waters/sewers and wastes to disposal facilities, endeavouring to re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.
- To develop and maintain constructive relationships with relevant environmental organisations to ensure good communications and sourcing of best advice.
- To introduce sustainable operating procedures and practices to minimise Penrith Golf Club's overall impact on the environment.
- To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.