A Cumbrian golf course situated in a splendid location between the world renowned Lake District and the delightful Eden Valley.
The Lakeland fells provide a magnificent backdrop to this par 69 (Mens) par 72 (Ladies) golf course formed in 1890.
Located adjacent to the historic market town of Penrith, once the home of King Richard III, this lovely course offers a worthy challenge to any golfer. It also affords the welcome bonus of some of the finest views of the Lake District, including iconic mountains such as Blencathra and Helvellyn,
Penrith is at the crossroads of Cumbria and is an ideal location for a golfing holiday, offering plenty of good quality accommodation, close proximity to other courses and a wide range of diverse and exciting leisure activities.
Easily reached from the M6, junctions 40 or 41, Penrith Golf Club is also the perfect additional venue for any golfing trip to and from Scotland.
Penrith Golf Club is committed to Safety
Please read understand and follow these rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience at our Club.
FIRST AID: Assistance is available from the Greenkeepers, the Professionals, and the
Clubhouse Staff. An AED defibrillator is located outside the Secretary’s Office in the Clubhouse.
REPORT ALL ACCIDENTS: The accident log is in the Clubhouse at the Bar.
CARRY A MOBILE PHONE WHILE PLAYING AND IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY: RING 999 FOR AN AMBULANCE
AMBULANCE ACCESS POINTS: Car Parks
SHOUT “FORE!” IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE FULL RANGE OF A WAYWARD SHOT:
● Do not play until the players in front are out of range.
● Ensure no one is standing too close or in a position to be hit by the club, the ball or debris
when making a stroke or a practice swing.
● Shout FORE if your ball might hit someone.
● On hearing “Fore!” - Crouch, cover your head with your arms and count to 10.
Please see the Course Safety Notice for other relevant information.
- The golf course is open to Members and Visitors playing within restrictions as posted at the clubhouse and on the first tee.
- The Clubhouse, including catering service, is open to Members and Visitors who check in and abide by the posted restrictions.